Checklist Templates and Checklist Generation
Checklists are a great way to make sure everyday responsibilities don’t slip through the cracks.
Checklists are a list of task that are generated based on a Checklist Template.
Creating a Checklist Template
- Go to Staff > All Checklists and click on New Checklist
2. Name the Checklist Template, add one or more tasks, and assign them to a department (e.g. Front Desk) or an individual user.
3. Once a Checklist Template is created, you can use it to generate Checklists manually any time. You can also configure a Checklist Template to generate Checklists automatically.
Cloning a Checklist Template
When creating a checklist template, you don’t have to start from scratch.
Cloning from existing checklist Template
- Go to Staff > All Checklists and pick the checklist template you want to clone. Click on Clone as shown below.
2. Edit the cloned checklist template to adapt to your needs.
Cloning from Checklist Library
- Go to Staff > All Checklists and click on Checklist Library
2. Click on Copy to <Hotel Name>
3. Edit the cloned checklist template to adapt to your needs.
Generating Checklists from Checklist Templates
Checklist templates that are set to automatically schedule will be generated by the system and will appear on the task panel of the feed of the user or department it is assigned to.
You can also generate them manually anytime.
Generate checklists from Checklist Template page
- You can also manually generate a checklist by going to a Checklist Template page and clicking on Create Now
2. You will have the option to modify the original Checklist Template parameters and a chance to view the checklists before they get generated.
3. If the checklist preview looks good, click on Create Checklist to generate the checklists. They will appear on the wall that they are assigned to (e.g. Front Desk in the image below).
Generate checklists from Preventive Maintenance page
Checklists are a great way to maintain important assets of your property e.g. rooms, equipments, pools etc. You can manually generate checklists for these assets any time.
- Go to Apps > Property Maintenance
- Pick the asset type (Room, Equipment, Public Space)
- Pick the asset instances (e.g. room numbers, pool name)
- Select Create Checklist
- Select the Checklist Template you want to generate checklists for
5. If the checklist preview looks good, click on Create Checklist to generate the checklists. They will appear on the wall that they are assigned to (e.g. Maintenance in the image below).
Once generated, the checklist appears on the wall for the assigned user/department.
- Check items off as you finish them
- Add comments if you need to loop in others
- Create a task or work order if there is any issue
Reviewing completed checklists
For any user or department, you can access all their Completed checklists by clicking on the ellipses (…) and choosing Completed (as shown below)
You can access any checklist by going to Staff > All Checklists > Checklists and filtering/selecting based on the assignee, checklist status and when it was created (see below).
Analyzing checklist reports
Go to Admin > Reports and click through the checklist links to drill down
Stop checklist generation
Sometimes you know the checklists that are automatically generated are not going to be completed. Maybe you are short-staffed or certain operations are temporarily shut down. In such a case, you can turn OFF the checklist and later turn it back ON when needed.
Clear generated checklists that are not going to be completed
Maybe you forgot to turn OFF checklists in time or you know the generated checklists are never going to be completed. These checklists are cluttering your task panel and inflating the reports. In that case you can clear all incomplete, outstanding checklists by going to the checklist and clicking on Clear All Incomplete.